What Does Spring Mean for Dainfern Golf and Country Estate?
Let’s all be honest here, winter isn’t our favourite season. Right? We’re lucky enough that we still get to play plenty of golf during the season in our country but who wants to leave the house in the bitter cold? We much prefer the spring and summer at Dainfern Golf Estate, mainly because we’ve got so much going on during this time.
So what exactly does springtime entail for residents, members, guests and staff of Dainfern? Here is a breakdown of changes and events we expect to see:
Bring on the spring showers
In the northern hemisphere there is a saying “April showers bring May flowers”, and while the months may be a little mixed up for us, the principle stays. We’re about to see the waterworks and we won’t be crying about it either. Water is a precious commodity in South Africa and around the world, so when we get showered with this blessing we need to appreciate it. More so, we need to conserve it. How can you be water-wise during the rainy season?
- Don’t water your garden if it’s raining (this should be pretty obvious, but we still see it on the odd occasion).
- Harvest rainwater
- If you are using spring to sow seeds, plant indigenous and local plants as these use less water
- Remember that the City of Joburg is currently on Level 1 water restrictions –
- Watering gardens is not allowed between 06h00 and 18h00 in the summer months (1 September to 31 March)
- One is NOT permitted to wash paved areas and driveways using hose pipes.
It’s time for a spring clean
While you defrost from the cold winter months, you can also start to declutter. Spring is the time of fresh beginnings, so making your home feel like new is a great way to start. Here are some springtime maintenance tips for the outside of your home that will also add to your home’s overall value:
- Clear and clean out gutters of debris (fallen leaves, dirt, etc).
- Check outside taps for leaks/ breakages
- Reseal outdoor wood/fences/furniture
- Repaint your homes exterior walls
Spring activities for the whole family
Now’s the perfect time to get out and enjoy the sunshine and warmer weather! The list of activities you can do really open up. Here are a few of our family favourites you can do right here in Dainfern and a checklist for the season:
- Have a picnic in one of our parks
- Take a walk/jog through the estate
- Ride your bike around the estate
- Enjoy a meal in the outside seating area of the restaurant
- Play a round of golf (our favourite)
- Go out and look for wildlife in the estate
- Attend one of our Nature Association Bird Walks
- Walk around the garden barefoot
- Go tanning by the pool
- A quick dip in the pool perhaps?
For more ideas on things to do in Dainfern, see our activities blog here.
Spring specials anyone?
Spring brings with it new specials and deals. We can’t wait to share deals from our Six33 restaurant, the pro-shop, and golf membership packages. To stay up to date on these specials, as well as upcoming events and news, follow our weekly community newsletter and monthly golfing newsletter. If you are not subscribed to this service yet, please contact email@example.com.